Pages

Friday, November 29, 2013

Fibonacci Beauty Ratio


         After measuring 5 of my friends, Alexis T seemed to be the most mathematically beautiful based on the beauty ratio. I measured some of their distances from body parts to body parts and then took the ratio of those distance measurements. After finding 3 ratios, I found the average for each. When I was done finding the average for all 5 friends, I compared it with the value of phi, which represents the golden ratio, which is 1.6180339887..... Alexis T had an average of 1.542, the difference between her average and phi is .076, which was the closest out of all. I think the beauty ratio is incredibly mind-boggling because it comes up in so many things that are actually considered beautiful by us humans. That leads me to accept the validity of the beauty ratio. Also, I do consider Alexis T to be good-looking so it re-asserts my opinion about the validity of the golden ratio.

No comments:

Post a Comment